This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Handling NLog UDP Events Without Loss

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Hi,

I'm using Log2Console with NLog using the UDP receiver (using IPv6) and found that when there was a burst of events many were lost. It seemed that Log2Console could not handle a high event rate. I took a look at the code and found an ezy fix. I'm happy to send the modified code to anybody who would like it.

The change was that the UI code was calling Invoke to display the event. Hence the calling thread was blocked. I just added a queue of events and added a timer in the UI to flush the queue every hundred milliseconds or so. Works great.

Rob Smyth

Coordinator
Jul 31, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Hi Rob, Thanks for your message. Could you send me your changes to see if I can integrate it to the main branch?

Thanks!

Rémy

Aug 7, 2010 at 1:51 AM
Could you post your patch here? I need to integrate it right away so I can log2console. Thanks!
Aug 9, 2010 at 12:18 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2010 at 8:04 AM

My apologies for my slow response. I think I only made changes to MainForm.cs which is attached.

Best regards

Rob Smyth

"He who strikes the first blow admits he's lost the argument."
    Chinese Proverb

BloggerFlickrFlickrLinkedindel.icio.us

On 1 August 2010 00:24, Statyk7 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Rob, Thanks for your message. Could you send me your changes to see if I can integrate it to the main branch?

Thanks!

Rémy

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (log2console@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email log2console@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

#avg_ls_inline_popup { position:absolute; z-index:9999; padding: 0px 0px; margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; width: 240px; overflow: hidden; word-wrap: break-word; color: black; font-size: 10px; text-align: left; line-height: 13px;}

Aug 9, 2010 at 8:07 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2010 at 8:50 AM
Hi, Sorry guys ... I tried to post the file (this is an edited version of this post) and the message went all funny. I guess it could not handle the size. Happy to send the file to anybody who asks. Rob
Aug 9, 2010 at 8:22 AM
Hi, Find the modified MainForm.cs file here: http://robertsmyth.blogspot.com/2010/08/log2console-modification-file.html Enjoy Rob Smyth
Aug 9, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Hi,

I uploaded a patch file. Hope that helps.

Rob Smyth

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2010 at 3:20 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.